TBNA is an alliance of Texas bar and nightclub owners protecting its members by providing a platform for all relevant political and legal information.
Bars and nightclubs comprise a major portion of revenue and employment in the state of Texas making them an important sector in the state’s economy.
Until now, there has never been an association that has provided a strong foothold in protecting the rights and interests of these businesses.
- Hosted and contributed to the campaigns of all three major Austin mayoral candidates in 2009 election.
- Hosted an Austin City Council forum with all seven candidates for office in the 2009 election.
- Defeated House Bill #2757 in the Texas Legislature that would have affected bar and restaurant owners throughout the state.
- Created liquor liability policy specifically for TBNA members, drastically reducing their insurance costs.
- TABC looks to TBNA as a responsible owner group to communicate future rules and regulations changes
- Facilitates annual TBNA convention with education, training and discussion between industry advocates, leaders and employees
- Advocate for a place for one of our board members on the PACE Commission
- Utilize lobby group to defend the interests of bars and nightclubs and advocate our positions with Texas Legislature
- Produce a quarterly e-magazine containing news and policy alerts for our industry
- Organize new local chapters around the state.